Thursday, September 22, 2011

Would You Trade Your Kids?!

Ha! Ha!  Got your attention?  No "real" trading going on here, but the students and I thought about a similar topic today.  We read the book Would I Trade My Parents?  by Laura Numeroff that followed a young boy's observations of families and their special qualities. With each family, he wishes that his parents would...let him have chocolate milk before dinner or let him have a dog.  In the end, he realizes that his family is also special and he wouldn't trade them either.
Would I Trade My Parents?

After reading the book, the students wrote about their own families. I was amazed by the students thoughtful and humorous points of view.  Most of all, I can tell that all these precious ones feel very loved at home.  Thanks for doing a wonderful job, families!
Cheers,
Mrs. Sienknecht

No comments:

Post a Comment