Thursday, September 15, 2011

Math Tubs!

I have started something new this year, Math Tubs.  Each week the students will visit four interactive math activies, in addition to our regular Everyday Math Program. I have made it a point to not show student faces to protect their privacy.  I am so excited about these activities because they have immediately caught the interest of the students.  Here's a few pictures of this week's tubs.
Here are a few students working on patterning with school supply pictures.
Watermelon Math Addition, so fun!


Count Those Things!  Counting and grouping larger numbers.


I can't take all the credit for these ideas.  Mrs. Carroll from a blog site called First Grade Parade has given me much inspiration.  I hope you enjoy occasional sneak peeks into our world.  I am very new to blogging, though and my uncontrolled enthusiasm to post things may wane during the school year as things get more busy.  However, I hope to keep you more informed with bits of information through this medium.
Cheers,
Mrs. Sienknecht

2 comments:

  1. Very impressive!! I can't wait to see more posts about first grade!! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a pleasure reading the debut posts!!! Can't wait to read many more!!! Best!!!

    ReplyDelete