Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Math Tubs: Week of 10/3-10/7

I have been so excited to observe the students this year with our new math tub activities.  Every day I see students engaged in these hands on math activities with excitement.  Here's a quick note to parents: the students have an opportunity to complete one math tub a day with the exception of Wednesdays (there's just no time for tubs).  At the end of the week, I try to give some students time for make-up and review, but it doesn't always happen.  So, the students turn in whatever work they have done.  When I correct their work, you will sometimes see that I have written "unfinished" at the end of the week.  If you observe a lot of these papers, you may want to have a discussion with your child about using their time wisely at school. In the classroom, I will pick and choose what is most important to finish in class.  I want them to complete math tubs, but these activities are already in addition to our district adopted math program.  Therefore, if I see the students practicing hands on in class, that may be enough for me.  You know, sometimes you just have to pick your battles.  Thanks for listening and here are this week's tubs!
Roll, Order, Write

Less Than/ More Than Candy Jars (YUM!)

Calculating Sums (They LOVE the calculator.)

3 Way Apple Math
I love these math tubs!  The kiddos are challenged and engaged.  Have fun peeking!

Cheers,
Mrs. Sienknecht

No comments:

Post a Comment